Volunteers are critical to the ongoing success of the Byron Museum.
Whatever your talents or interests we invite you to participate in your local history through volunteering. The Museum is also a great option for high school students in need of community service hours. Examples of volunteer opportunities are listed below:
- General Office Assistant: Greet visitors at the reception desk, monitor gift shop, and assist with mailings and phone calls.
- Curatorial Cataloging: Cataloged new donations, research objects, and digitize photos & documents into the museum’s collections.
- Exhibit Design: Assist with planning, researching, and installing of new exhibits.
- Education: Help develop new programs and assist with school and scout tours.
- Special Events: Help out during exhibit openings, Quilt Show, & Festival of Trees
- Carpentry and landscaping
- Oral Histories: Conduct and transcribe interviews
Our volunteers are treated to an annual dinner every spring, and several other group activities throughout the year.
Want to be a volunteer with our museum? Fill out a volunteer application form and a staff member will contact you soon.
To learn more about our volunteer program please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-234-5031.