The Byron Museum of History invites you and your group to visit our local history exhibits and participate in hands-on learning activities. We offer a variety of activities for walk-in visitors of all ages:
- I-Spy (match the pictures on a worksheet with objects on the Byron Model & Train – for all ages, but particularly good for younger kids who are not yet reading)
- Hobo Sign Scavenger Hunt (travel the museum hunting for and deciphering hobo signs)
- History Mysteries (elementary school ages) Can you solve the history questions using our exhibits?
- History Mysteries (middle school ages) Can you solve the history questions using our exhibits?
- Letterbox / Geocache Scavenger Hunt: A Letterbox is hidden within one of the museum’s exhibits. Visitors will have the opportunity to follow clues to find the letterbox. Letterboxing is similar to a treasure hunt. Letterboxers hide small, weatherproof boxes in publicly-accessible places and post clues to finding the box online on one of several letterboxing websites. Visit letterboxing.org to get started and to find the first clue to the museum’s letterbox.